The bible teaches us that we are all sinners and separated from God. But God has provided a remedy for us through his son Jesus Christ who died in our place. “The wages of sin is death”. Thanks to Jesus, that price has been paid.
Salvation is available for all those who confess they are sinners, repent [metanoeó] of their ways, and put their faith in Jesus Christ. When you make Jesus Lord of your life and accept his sacrifice for your sins, he sends the Holy Spirit to live in you. It is through the Holy Spirit that the power to live for God is made available. You become born from above and made alive in your spirit.
Repent [Greek; metanoeó] to change your mind, turn and go the other way [Repenting is not being sorry, it is not regret, it is a decision to turn your back on sin and go the other way]
Are you willing to make God the Lord [kýrios] and master of this life and the life to come? Are you willing to surrender to his Lordship?
Lord [greek; kýrios] – a person exercising absolute ownership rights; lord (Lord). likewise denotes an owner (master) exercising full rights.
If you say yes, then the scriptures below will lead you to salvation.
- ROMANS 3:23-25; For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood.
- ROMANS 6:23; For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
- ROMANS 5:8; But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
- Acts 3:19; Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.
- ROMANS 10:9,10; If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.
A SIMPLE PRAYER
Lord, I confess I am a sinner and need Jesus to be made right in your eyes. Please Lord, forgive my sins. I believe Jesus lived, died and rose again for my sin, paying the cost so I don’t have to. I am placing my faith in Jesus finished work.
Please come into my life and be Lord of my life. I surrender my life to you, to follow you and allow you to live through me. Thank you for saving me and sending me your Holy Spirit so I can live according to your word.
If you asked the Lord into your life, God bless you and welcome to the family of God. You are forgiven and you have stepped into eternal life. You may not feel anything but that does not matter. A miracle has taken place and you are alive forever more. There is a party in Heaven right now because you have gone from death to life.
In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!
Please visit the Medea Resources page of this blog for more information on bibles, podcasts and internet radio. You will find many faith building and teaching videos on this blog that will help you grow in Christ.
God speaks to us through his word [Bible]. Everything we believe lines up with the word of God and if it does not, we disregard it. The bibles I read are the New International version, The New English Translation, and The New Living Translation. I encourage you to get one of those and begin to read at the New Testament book of John. Then continue to read through the New Testament, asking God to reveal himself to you through his word. If you have a smart phone, the resources page has very good bible apps for free. One also has an audio component so you can listen to the bible and they supply a variety of translations and languages.
It is important to connect with a local church who teaches the word of God alone. I have attended evangelical, baptist, Pentecostal and Mennonite churches over the years. Ask the Lord to direct your path in finding a solid church for you to attend.
You will want to attend a church that believes the bible alone is the authoritative word of God, that Jesus Christ is God, not a created being, and salvation is through faith in him alone. Also that the Holy Spirit is operating today in peoples lives.
God bless you and direct your footsteps.