“Life on Earth Began in Small Ponds: Study Says”
The results, published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggest the plausibility that life began in warm ponds… It also suggests the other theory on the beginning of life is wrong. That theory postulates the building blocks of life came about through vents in the earth’s crust at the bottom of the oceans.¹
The media, teachers books and professors have been telling us for decades that life on earth began in a “primordial Soup”, in some pond somewhere. No one knows how but it is conveyed as a fact that just needs clarifying.
In 2010 another study claimed to disprove the primordial soup hypothesis, and suggesting that life began under the ocean in or near hydrothermal vents.
“New research rejects 80-year theory of ‘primordial soup’ as the origin of life”
For 80 years it has been accepted that early life began in a ‘primordial soup’ of organic molecules before evolving out of the oceans millions of years later. Today the ‘soup’ theory has been over turned in a pioneering paper in BioEssays which claims it was the Earth’s chemical energy, from hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor, which kick-started early life. [Science Daily, Febuary 3, 2010]
Now this “new” study “suggests” the “hydrothermal” hypothesis is wrong and we are back to the pond again. So what’s new about this study? Life supporting compounds fell into ponds from outer space. Is that new? No, it is called the Panspermia hypothesis and has been around at least two hundred and fifty years.
The Explicit Claim of New Study
- life arose only after life supporting compounds were introduced into the primordial earth environment by asteroids impacts¹
The Implicit Claim of New Study
- Life could not have arose from the materials available on the primordial earth
If 80/yrs of peer reviewed publications made it clear that life began in ponds or thermal vents, then why would scientists be looking to outer space for the answers to the origin of life on earth.
- Scientists have no idea how life arose on the earth.
- No scientific consensus life began on earth.
- The study does not answer the question of how life began. It only suggests how it may have began on earth. The question of the origin of life itself is only pushed further back and remains unanswered, and begging the question.
If The Finest Minds Can’t, How Could Chance?
If nature was able to accomplish life by accident, then how come the worlds greatest minds can’t assemble the simplest of living cells, or even the simplest components within the cell?
Life Only Comes From Life
In the mid 1800s Louis Pasteur conducted numerous experiments proving that Omne vivum ex vivo [Latin for “all life [is] from life”]². Never in human experience has life been observed to spontaneously arise from non living compounds, so why are some scientists so committed to the idea despite almost a hundred years of data that says otherwise?
What is driving this theory, data or ideology?
Dr. James Tour³, a well respected synthetic organic chemist who was voted one of the 50 most influential scientists in 2014 by TheBestSchools.org, and is one of the top ten most cited chemistry scientists at over 77,000 times, has called for a halt to the wasting of any more resources spent on chemical evolution studies according to Dr. Steven Meyer. Tour has asked top evolutionary scientists, some of whom are Nobel Prize winners, to explain the molecular pathways that support the theory, but no one has been able to explain even one.
Don’t Be Intimidated
You don’t have to be intimidated by professors or colleagues who challenge your view about God and science. Don’t be afraid to research the sciences and the one who who invented them for us to discover. You may be laughed at and ridiculed, but just remember,
The Emperor has no clothes.
Dr. Tour’s full lecture on the inside story of Evolution and the Chemical challenges of first life. Tour unveils the dogma of evolutionary thought and the utter lack of knowledge of how it works on a molecular level. His revealing of this information has cost him personally and professionally, but if you are wanting to hear what scientists say behind closed doors, watch this lecture “The Origin of Life: An Inside Story”.
At the end of the lecture Dr. Tour answers hard questions from the students. The lecture is technical in spots but much of it is understandable. Or just watch the summary of his talk from 01:03:45 and the Q&A.
I will not take offense if you depart during the presentation. I simply know of no other way to expose the hypocrisy of the conjectures based upon the evidence. [Dr. James Tour, “The Origin of Life: An Inside Story”]
If you enjoy or find this content interesting, please comment below, hit the “LIKE”button, and the “SUBSCRIBE” button so you will be notified of new posts.
- Tues., Oct. 3, 2017
- Biogenesis and Abiogenesis: Critiques and Addresses, Collected Essays VIII
- Dr. James Tour,
- Director of NanoEngineering,
- Professor of Materials Science and NanoEngineering, organic and synthetic chemistry at Rice University,
- Top ten cited chemist in the world, over 77,000 times (Google Scholar)
- 640 peer review publications, 120 patents,
- inducted into the National Academy of Inventors in 2015
- scientist of the year 2013 R&D Magazine
- One of the 50 most influential scientists 2014 Thebestschools.org
- NASA Space Act Award in 2008
- Southern Chemist of the Year Award from ACS in 2005
- Honda Innovation Award for Nanocars in 2005