At Palm Sunday services, 47 Christians were killed and 100 more were injured by Muslim extremists in two different churches. I am writing this blog because the plight of Christians around the world is being ignored by mainstream media.
Some of the articles contained within this post are not suitable for younger children
As the world seems to be bending over backwards not to offend certain special interest groups, Christians and Jews do not enjoy such privileged status. There has been a steep uptick in anti-Semitic, Anti-Christian rhetoric and persecution recently and it is getting worse. The God of the Old Testament is under attack from other religions, atheists, leftists, humanists and a whole host of special interest groups espousing tolerance for everyone except the God of the bible.
Though these growing attacks are blamed on social conditions, poverty or even the victims themselves, the violence directed at Jews and Christians cannot be ignored.
The church today is seeing a growing tide of hatred and open public disdain for God. Society is changing, or books like “The God Delusion” by Richard Dawkings and “God is Not Good: How Religion Poisons Everything” by Christopher Hitchens, would not have reached the New York Times best sellers list.
It seems society has outgrown God. People are now believing they are too enlightened to need anything as archaic as God. After all, this is the 21st century.
2 Timothy 3:1-5;
“You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly.”
Hatred towards God and those who follow Jesus is not a new phenomena. Social justice warriors and politicians take to the streets indignant and outraged that males cannot shower with girls in public schools, but nothing is said about the Christian genocide and anti-Semitic attacks around the world.
The west is fat and spoiled and so are our children. These people protest about micro aggression, and “safe spaces”, while people are being imprisoned, enslaved, tortured and killed just because they are Christians.
“And all nations will hate you because you are my followers.” – Jesus
“If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. … Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you… They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me... Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate me and my Father. This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause.’” – Jesus
The small sample of links below show a growing trend of anti-Christian sentiment over the past couple of years.
- Chairo, 28 Christians killed for not reciting Islamic declaration of faith. Dozens more wounded
- Australia, Daily Telegraph April 8, 2017: Muslim Gang Yelling f* Jesus, Attacked Couple for wearing a Cross.
- Florida: Christian student suspended, challenged Muslim prof who said Jesus’ crucifixion is a hoax
- Florida: Atlantic University student suspended for not stomping on Jesus Name
- Florida: Student is failed for not Conforming to professors Anti-Christian views
- Britain: Sainsbury’s and Asda won’t stock Christian Easter egg – but they DO put halal ones on their shelves
- Michigan: Farmer is banned from selling produce at East Lansing farmers market because his faith didn’t allow him to host a gay wedding on his [personal property] orchard.
- Ontario Canada: Christian Couple Says Foster Home was shut down because They would not lie about the Easter bunny
- Ontario Canada: LGBT Trying to Force Christian Camp to Change Code of Conduct
- Indonesia: X-Men Illustrator insurts Anti-Christian, Anti-Semitic symbols into comic
- New York: Liberals demand NYU ban college Republicans from operating a group
- California: University of California Irvine restricts on-campus Republican club
- California: Northwestern University professor says Fundamentalist Christianity more dangerous than Islamic Terrorists.
- California: Two Men Arrested for reading bible out loud in public place
- New York: New York Times Blames Christianity For Fake News
- Georgia: Georgia’s Anti-Christian Crusade: Court demands Pastor’s sermons
- New Hampshire: Anti-Christian Freedom from Religion Foundation demands Air National Guard cease prayers at military cerimonies
- US Air Force Academy: The Military [Anti] Religious Freedom Foundation demands sanctions for Coach tweeting bible verses on own time, on personal account
- California: University professor [Lars Maischak] says Republicans [conservatives] should be executed.
Can you imagine the outcry if the conservative right had made similar statements about Obama and the liberals? There was little comment from the tolerant left about this hate speech.
Below is a small sample of the mass murdering of Christians around the world in recent years. The news media on the whole seem disinterested in the massive loss of life, the human rights violations and the violence occurring against Christians and Jews.
According to Open Doors, approximately 3,800 Christians are killed each year, over 2,500 churches are destroyed or damaged, and there are over 9,000 violent acts against Christians.
- Global: Islamic State Supporters Call for More Suicide Attacks Targeting Christians Following Egyptian Church Bombings
- United Kingdom: Government is ‘institutionally biased’ against Christian refugees from Syria
- Nigeria: Anti-Christian Jihad in Numbers: 11,500 Dead, 13,000 Churches Destroyed
- Cairo: Muslim Anti-Christian Incitement Rises in Crisis-Torn Egypt
- India: 85 major anti-Christian incidents in one year
- India: Mumbai India’s powerful militant Hindu national movements continue to make life increasingly difficult for the country’s Christian minority.
- Egypt: 47 Christians killed, 100 inured in church bombings on Palm Sunday
- Kenya: 150 Christian Students Singled out and Killed at Garissa University
- Kenya: 36 Christian Miners Killed, Muslims Working Beside them Untouched
- Australia: Migrant Stabs Woman For Reading Bible in Migrant Center
- Jamaica: Two American Missionaries Murdered
- Pakistan: 14 year old Christian Boy Beaten and Set on Fire by 2 Muslims Men, Dies after Forgiving Attackers
- Paris: 6 Jews Killed, 22 wounded in kosher restaurant
- Cairo: St Mark’s Cathedral, 24 killed During Church Service
- Egypt: Alexandria Churched Bombed Killing 21 Christians
- Nigerian: 48 Christians Murdered, Homes Destroyed by Muslims
- Lybia: 21 Christians Beheaded by Radical Islamists
- France: 84 Year Old Priest Throat Slit, Another Shot
- Pakistan: Bombing Kills 72 as Christian Families Celebrate Easter
- Yemen: Gunmen Kill 16, Including 4 Nuns, In Catholic Run Retirement Home
- Canada: Swastikas, Racist Graffiti Third Ottawa Anti-Jewish Attack in a Week
- Germany: Court Rules Firebombing of Synagogue Criticism not Anti-Semitic
- USA: Finally Recognizes the Christian Genocide Occurring in the Middle East
- USA: ACLU Tries to Blame Christians for Muslim Extremist Attack
- Indonesia: Muslim’s Protest Jakarta’s first Christian governor “He can’t lead us”
- Fox News: Christians most persecuted Group in the world for second year
- Orlando: Leftist Media Groups Blaime Christians for Orlando Muslim terrorist attack
- Venezuela: Socialist Mob Assaults Archbishop and Worshipers
- Turkey: Imprisonment of Christian Pastor Signals Erdogan’s Hard Shift
- Middle East: War Terrorism and the Mass Exodus of Christians
- United Kingdom: There is a war on Christianity. The West must stop being scared to say so
- Spain: Good Friday Parade Interrupted by Rampaging Muslims Shouting ‘Allahu Akbar!’ – 17 People Injured
- Egypt: ISIS Attacks Sinai Monastery in Ongoing Anti-Christian Campaign
- Malaysia: Christian pastor kidnapping highlights anti-Christian fears in Malaysia
- South Dakota: Muslim immigrant crashes Christian Worldview conference: live streams on Facebook threats and weapons [Language warning on video]
- New Deli: Amid Rise in Anti-Christian Violence, Church Wants Indian Prime Minister Modi to Act
- Television: TBS’s ‘The Detour’ REALLY Hates Christianity
- France: Anti-Christian Attacks Rise 38 Per Cent in France
- China: China’s Anti-Christian Crusade
- England: Desecration of a war memorial Jesus Christ on a cross
- YouTube: Removes Christian Producers Channel for offensive trailer of “I Am Not Ashamed” Rachel Joy Scott story of her shooting at Columbine High School.
- Television: HGTV’s “Fixer Upper” TV show hosts attacked for being Christian
Western ideology in general is falling apart as its religious roots crumble under the weight of important social outrage like using personal pronound, “he” and “she”. What was once a moral compass, is now not just politically incorrect, but elicits hatred towares anyone who disagrees. What used to be right is now wrong and what was wrong is now right. This is the problem with society dictating morality and truth, it evolves as people’s tastes change. The word of God is truth that keeps us on course. Humankind is not capable of discerning truth because majority consensus, is a poor measure of truth and morality, just ask the Jews of world war II.
What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter. What sorrow for those who are wise in their own eyes and think themselves so clever. What sorrow for those who are heroes at drinking wine and boast about all the alcohol they can hold. They take bribes to let the wicked go free, and they punish the innocent. Therefore, just as fire licks up stubble
and dry grass shrivels in the flame, so their roots will rot and their flowers wither. For they have rejected the law of the LORD of Heaven’s Armies; they have despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.”
Christianity may be under siege in the east by genocidal maniacs and in the west by those who hate the Judeo/Christian God, and few if anyone is taking notice. But God has not left us alone.
John 16:33; “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” – Jesus
1 John 4:3-4; “every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
1 John 5:4-5; “For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”
“fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Behold, all who are incensed against you
shall be put to shame and confounded;
those who strive against you
shall be as nothing and shall perish…
those who war against you
shall be as nothing at all.
For I, the LORD your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.”
The very liberal Huffington Post News, says Christians are now the most persecuted religion on earth and it is getting worse. Soon they will be wiped out of the middle east where they have existed for two thousand years.
“Christianity is not,… an import to these countries. The Christian communities that are now being threatened and even wiped out are nearly as old as the New Testament itself. Christians have called these countries home for two millennia; Christianity is not a Western imposition on historically Islamic countries.”
“Western media must overcome its fear of criticizing Muslims and its disinterest in religious belief”
“Why has the tragedy of Christians in the Muslim world been ignored? Short blames this on the media’s fear that criticizing Muslims is tantamount to racism. I attribute it as well to secular media’s lack of interest in and sometimes even scorn for religious belief.”
The Christian and the Jew are no strangers to oppression and hostility, but God’s promises sustains the children of God.
2 Corinthians 4:8-12; “We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.
Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies. So we live in the face of death, but this has resulted in eternal life for you.”
58 year old Coptic Christian and veterinary surgeon was attacked on the street and given a choice to renounce Christ and live, or die.
“Repent, infidel. Convert and save yourself,”
one of them said. Bahgat chose Christ.
There are not many people who dispute that there is evil in this world. you can hardly read the events above and not. In a 2007, Routers reported that more people believe in the Devil than Darwin’s theory of common ancestry. If you are wondering what the bible says about evil, or Satan, read my blog: IS SATAN REAL & Active Today?
Satan is real and he is active. That is why Jesus is under increasing attack world wide. Jesus is also real and is the only one who has authority over Satan’s activity. He is here to kill and destroy the name of Jesus because by his name alone can anyone be saved. That is why those who follow Jesus, the one and only Son of God are under attack.
Acts 4:12; “There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”