Atheists will argue that the universe is complex, so any maker of the universe must be more complex than the creation Then they will ask, who made the creator? Then, whoever made the creator must be even more complex, and whoever made him must be even more complex and so on in infinite regress.
Lets turn that question around for the atheist to answer, what created the Big Bang? The BB is an effect not a cause, so something had to have initiated it. No one knows though what that was. So, what created the thing that created the BB? and so on, and so on.
Atheists don’t seem to be bothered by that unknown? The bible says that God was not created, that he is the prime reality, without beginning. God is eternal. Is eternal existence a concept foreign to scientists, something only found in religious texts?
ETERNAL CONCEPTS IN SCIENCE
- Steady State Theory; Cosmologists used to believe the universe was without a beginning and without end, eternal. Hoyle [ Hoyle, “A New Model for the Expanding Universe,” (1948)] When the Big Bang theory was first introduced, there was a big controversy with scientists because of the biblical implications a universe with a beginning had. Scientists were aggressive to maintain the eternal state of the universe.
- Law of the Conservation of Energy; [“Energy can neither be created nor destroyed“]
INVISIBLE BUT BELIEVED BY SCIENTISTS
- Dark Energy; Is a theoretical model. It has not been observed, nor can an experiment reproduce it, but estimates are that 68% of the universe is dark energy. “More is unknown than is known. We know how much dark energy there is because we know how it affects the universe’s expansion. Other than that, it is a complete mystery.” [NASA]
- Black Holes; “Because no light can get out, people can’t see black holes. They are invisible.” [NASA]
- Dark Matter; is thought to be 28% of the universe. Why? Because there isn’t enough matter in the universe for the current model to work. “It doesn’t interact with baryonic matter and it’s completely invisible to light and other forms of electromagnetic radiation, making dark matter impossible to detect with current instruments. But scientists are confident it exists…” [National Geographic]
UNKNOWN BUT BELIEVED BY SCIENTISTS
- How The First Star Formed; No one knows, “But how did the first stars then form? Indeed, to describe and explain “primordial star formation” – without molecular gas and dust – is a major challenge in modern Astrophysics.” [universetoday.com]
- What is Gravity?; “We don’t really know” [NASA]
What is my point? Well, we can see that scientists are comfortable accepting properties of the universe that are eternal, invisible and completely unknown.
RADICAL PROPOSALS OF EXPLANATION
Parallel Universes, Multiverses; multiple universes in alternate dimensions coexisting with our own.
Here is what Space.com wrote about a proposed idea called parallel universe; “Is our universe unique? From science fiction to science fact, there is a proposal out there that suggests that there could be other universes besides our own… There actually is quite a bit of evidence out there for a multiverse. First, it is useful to understand how our universe is believed to have come to be.”
“From science fiction to science fact”? Pardon me? This proposal is far from a hypothesis let alone a theory, so forget “fact”. The first thing the reader is asked to do is understand that scientists don’t know how our own universe came to be. These ideas that are being suggested are based on what is not known about something else, and this is called evidence.
Space.com goes on to say there are at least 5 theories attesting to the possibility of a multiverse. As you read on though, they are not theories at all, they are suppositions, could be’s and maybe’s, but, perfectly acceptable to atheists and scientists alike.
We can see that scientists and the public in general, accept many ideas that are far out in left field. They already accept the concept of eternal existence. Scientists are also comfortable with the idea that not everything that is plausible is visible or even understandable.
So I ask you, why is God being eternal and not created a problem? Why is God being invisible or difficult to conceive an issue?
God did not need a creator, he was not created. He has always been. If scientists accepted an eternal universe and Einstein established in the Law of Energy Conservation, that energy is eternal, that it is not created or destroyed, why is God having this characteristic so beyond reason?
Isaiah 43:12,13; “You are witnesses that I am the only God,” says the LORD. “From eternity to eternity I am God.”
Hebrews 11:3; “By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.”
John 1:1-3; “In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God,
and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.”
As I said in a previous blog, the science of God is not the problem for people, it is the idea of God that people don’t like that keeps them from looking at the evidence for his presence. Everything around us has God’s finger prints all over them if we will only look.
“For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.”