I think much of the despair many are feeling today is because of all the fake news and manufactured hate and intolerance in society. My goodness, if we were to believe what the media tries to sell us who wouldn’t be depressed. Imagine the world coming to an end because conservatives are in power in the United States. The attacks and rhetoric is nauseating.
Why am I an intolerant hater if I don’t wholly accept someone else’s point of view? Why is my contrary opinion labeled unacceptable hate and intolerance by those who disagree with my opinion, yet their intolerance and hatred towards me is considered acceptable, by the same ones accusing me of intolerance?
Today it seems, the progressive left have a tendency to bring condemnation down on anyone who disagrees with them by labeling them as haters for simply having a contrary opinion. Whether it be on illegal immigration, homosexuality, religion or abortion.
I don’t have to accept and practice an idea or philosophy to tolerate it. I don’t accept aspects of liberalism but I tolerate those opinions. Tolerance is not acceptance, and since when does disagreeing with someones opinion on something equate to hating the person? In the liberal left agenda world, that is precisely the accusation. For example, if you limit the immigration from an Islamic country exporting terrorism, you are a hater of the entire Muslim people group. Utter nonsense.
First, for those who like to conflate and commingle language, lets start by defining what words actually mean so we are all talking the same language.
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with
- the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered.
- have or express a different opinion.
- intense dislike or ill will.
Homophobia:“Homophobia is the hatred or fear of homosexuals – that is, lesbians and gay men – sometimes leading to acts of violence….” Anti-Defamation League
Given these definitions, it is clearly reasonable to be able to disagree with same sex marriage without being a homophobic, intolerant hater? If I disagree with couples living together outside of marriage am I a heterophobe, or shackeupophobic? I think the absurdity is obvious.
Disagreement is not hatred, nor is it intolerance. I am perfectly capable of disagreeing with a persons beliefs, behaviors or sexual orientation while accepting them as a person.
People who peddle this hater narrative usually are the ones who are the most intolerant. These are people with agendas and uninterested in dialog or bettering communication and fostering knowledge. The only communication they are interested in is think my way or I will destroy you. For example here are some news articles of those representing those who call for tolerance and love.
- Tax-Funded Professor To Students Who Ignore Diversity Events: ‘SC**W YOU…YOU ARE NOT AMERICAN’ (Langueage warning) It is not enough to tolerate, you must agree and participate or the left with condemn you.
- Convicted woman who tortured and killed man, featured speaker woman’s march
- Black Lives Matter Protesters: “WE NEED TO START KILLING PEOPLE”; Calls For Trump’s ASSASSINATION! (VIDEO) (no link provided because of explicit language) “During a protest over the weekend, Black Lives Matter called for white people to give them their possessions and then proceeded to call for “killing people,” and “killing the White House.” (These are the people the left are defending and demanding tolerance for)
- Sunday Times news writer India Knight, calling for an assassination of someone, I wonder who?
- Trump supporter’s hair is set on fire by anti-trump tolerant leftist.
- Texas leftist teacher enacts killing President Trump in front of her students, yelling die!, die!
- Female professor threatens/assaults student journalist when trying to cover story on public land.
- Muslim’s punch jogging professor in face for being white
- Woman’s march bans pro-life woman, unless they are Muslim. Woman’s pro-life group sponsored the “woman’s march”, tolerant, yes. But organizers ban them from the march and from sponsorship. Tolerant? No.
The point I am making is that those who espouse tolerance are usually the ones most likely to be oppressing others. Tolerance is only tolerated if you tolerate what they tolerate, which is not tolerance at all. And in the language of the social justice warrior tolerance equates to not only unreserved acceptance but the promotion of ones agenda.
Yes, there are far too many who express hate against gays, abortion supporters and others, but not everyone who disagrees with you is intolerant. It is not correct and it is not productive. but this doesn’t seem to matter to people who are full of hate themselves and only want to shut down dissent because they refuse to tolerate opposing opinion.
- If you believe a baby should not be killed and pulled (in some cases the other way around) out of a womb at 28 weeks gestation, when it could survive outside the womb, you are labeled a radical, a hater of woman and against woman’s health.
- In Canada there is no abortion prohibition at all. Canada is one of four nations in the world who have abortion on demand up to full term. Trying to support a law keeping full term or partial birth abortions from happening is considered radical and against woman, threatening their health.
Here is one of those woman haters:
“the current law’s 400-year-old definition of when a person is defined as a human being is dishonest and most Canadians don’t agree with it. Canadian[’s] don’t accept the notion in the law that “birth is a moment of magical transformation that changes a child from a non-human to a human being,” Woodworth said.” (CBC news, By Meagan Fitzpatrick , Apr 26, 2012)
That’s right, the definition of life law is based on science from the 18th century. Now who is anti-science, Christians or Liberals?
Now if you still don’t think the self proclaimed tolerant are anything but love and acceptance there is this, language warning:
- Perdue University Staffer Jamie Newman, Threatens To Rape Students & Calls Pro-Life Students ISIS, KKK, Racist Human Garbage
Mainstream media is full of the real haters trying to frame conservatives with hoaxed crimes that just are not happening. If they were, leftists wouldn’t have to keep faking them. There are twenty hoaxes here, and three more below. Just google hate crime hoax and you will get the picture.
“But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back. Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
“If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much! And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return.
“Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.”